Howard Turk is a visionary, best-selling author, lawyer and title industry strategist with over 30 years of experience fostering growth in the title industry sector. He has extensive nationwide and international executive-level industry experience that spans every facet of the settlement service and title industry from both an agency and underwriter perspective.
‘The only source of knowledge is experience’
Howard’s diverse experience affords him an unparalleled perspective. His lifetime of experience includes small business roles (i.e. owning and building a 30 employee real estate law firm and building a 36 state title agency based in Texas) as well as big business roles (senior leadership roles at First American Title in the US and internationally including Head Underwriter, President of a Brookfield (NYSE:BAM) title agency joint venture). This unique skill set allows him to apply the lessons learned from public company structure to smaller title agencies in a relevant and practical manner.
Notable Achievements that have helped companies improve top line revenue and bottom line profits include:
- • Conceived, obtained funding for, grew and ran a 36 state title agency. (BRPS Title -Joint-venture between Accurate Title Group and Brookfield Asset Management, NYSE:BAM).
- • Advised and assisted Accurate Title Group in key approach enabling implementation of strategic Home Equity diligence process, fostering growth to become national leader for Home Equity processing.
- • Pivotal role in developing First American’s WebSigning and automated title engine TitleSmart platforms as Head Underwriter, National Lenders Advantage;
- • International title experience in the U.S., Canada, UK and Australia.
- • Instrumental role in the success of First American/Canadian Title in Canada, driving growth from start-up to industry leader with over 900 employees, $400M+ annual revenue and 65% market share.
- • Designed, wrote policies for and implemented title insurance programs for mutual fund loans, automobiles and marine/air in the UK and Canada.
- • Built and operated leading real estate conveyancing law firm in Canada.
- • Authored two consumer targeted real estate books (HomeFree and the best selling HouseRich), published by Penguin Books.
- • Authored numerous national newspaper columns and article in the US, Canada and the UK on real estate, investment and related legal issues as well as appearances as a real estate and title expert on many Television talk shows.
Howard has lent his skills and expertise to a wide variety of firms including First American Title, WFG National Title Insurance Company, Attorneys Title Guaranty Fund, (CO), Accurate Title Group, Kensington Vanguard National Land Services, Surety Title, Rainier Title, WestStar Title, Capital Title, Core Title, Meridian Title, DUAL Asset Management (UK), Spruce, Unisource Companies, Security National Title, Arista National Title, World Wide Land Transfer, Strategic National Title Group, Nationwide Abstrax, Snapdocs, TitlePlus (Canada), LawyerDoneDeal (Canada), Canadian Lender Solutions, Gerson Lehrman Group and more.